Monday, July 5, 2010

Here are a few pictures taken at the NC transportation Museum in Spencer. I visited here as part of my project to photograph all the places in North Carolina where you can take a train ride. I got lucky because the Museum was hosting an antique truck show on the day I visited so I had an opportunity to shoot some great old trucks as well as the trains. This first picture is of a beautifully restored 1950 Brown in "Associated" livery.



This second image is a detail shot 1924 Mack Truck. If you look closely at the shiny radiator you can see yours truly captured while at work.



Now on to the main focus of my visit, the trains. The museum runs an excursion train that takes visitors on a short trip around the grounds of the museum. Motive power for the train was provided by FP-7 locomotive decorated in Southern paint and wearing number 6133. Here she is seen pulling the train forward under the footbridge that was relocated the museum grounds.



In this shot the train is seen parked in front the museums roundhouse to let passengers disembark.



Thanks for looking. Hopefully I will be posting some more pictures from this shoot soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment